Did you know that my sense of smell is insanely heightened while I have been pregnant? It is something to do with hormones, of course, like everything else. This past Wednesday, I got to work and was met at the door with the distinct odor of mildew/old building stench. Our power had been off in the building for most of the night, and the air had been stagnant for far too long. As if that weren't enough, the bug man came at ten to spray inside. By 10:30, I told my boss that it was making me sick and I couldn't stay any longer. Luckily, he is very understanding and let me go. No one else seemed quite as disgusted by the smells.
Then, I took Pujols in for his annual shots at the vet yesterday afternoon. We had our part two childbirth class from 7-9:30, and when we got home he had had an accident in his crate. I don't know if it was from too many treats at the vet or a reaction from the vaccines, but I opened the carport door and immediately said "I smell poop!" Colin didn't smell it at first. I tried to pin it on Mooch's litter box, but after finding Pujols looking super embarrassed in his crate Mooch was off the hook. Poor doggy. His tummy must have really hurt because he never has accidents in his crate. Colin got busy cleaning the crate up while I buzzed around the house lighting candles, opening windows, and turning on ceiling fans.
Imagine having the nose of a dog and having to smell everything at 100x what we normally do. It's a stinky world out there. In other news, childbirth class went well.
1 comment:
Your account of "pregnancy nose" sounds horrific. I can't remember having much of a heightened sense of smell with Margie. When I saw the title of your post, I thought you were talking about the Incredible Spreading Nose curse. With which I was DEFINITELY struck. Why must pregnant women be punished and tortured and tortured and punished?
I can't wait to meet your little one!!
Post a Comment