I drove up to Green Forest with my parents and sister Larkin yesterday for my great aunt Pauline's 90th birthday party. Pauline is Grandma Betty's older sister. She has always been a big part of our lives because she lives just around the corner from Grandma's house. She is famous for her amazing cooking and her sweet personality.
She had bronchitis yesterday, but was still the belle of the ball. Here she is with her great granddaughter Kinzey and my sister Larkin.
Noel drove over from Fayetteville to spend the day with us. Isn't this a cute picture of Mom and Noel?
The birthday girl:
Does my tummy look bigger than Larkin's? This isn't a fair comparison, because her stomach is flatter than mine even when I am not pregnant!
After the party, Pauline invited us back over to her house because she had a baby gift for Henry. This beautiful quilt is just the right size for a baby, and it is all hand stitched. She is so talented and continues to amaze everyone with the things she creates.
I couldn't make this picture rotate, but I had to include it anyway. This is sewn on the back of the quilt and reads: "Stitched with love for Hank by Aunt Pauline Year 2010" What an amazing lady.
2 comments:
I'm so glad I made the cut. xoxo. LG
What a wonderful quilt! Your Aunt looks like a very sweet and happy person. Have any of you all learned to quilt from her? Wish I had learned more from my grandmother and aunts who quilted.
On the pregnancy nose, I had a friend who couldn't tolerate the smell of a fireplace (which she had) when she was pregnant. It must really mess with your sense of smell!
Love and hugs,
Cynthia
Post a Comment