Monday, April 22, 2013

Garvan Gardens

Hank and I went with my dad to Garvan Gardens this Sunday. We met my Uncle Joe, Aunt Nancy, Grandma and Granddad there. It was a gorgeous day!
We saw a peacock!
Hank's favorite part of the garden was this train garden. There were three tracks and each had a train running. He could have stood there all day. At one point while we were walking in the gardens, Hank turned around and started walking back the way we had come saying 'I see TRAINS!'

Granddad, Grandma, Hank and Granddad Wally
He didn't feel much like smiling for the first half of our visit, but by the time we were ready to leave he was hamming it up.

Granny taking a rest (waiting for the guys to catch up!)

This is such a typical Hank-face. I love it.
My grandparents



I see water! I see blue water! I see boats! Getting to see Lake Hamilton was a big hit. We also walked over a big bridge and looked down to see a stream running. Hank took one look at that water and said "it's flushing."
Hank had never seen a caterpillar before. I was pleased that he let me put it on his hand. He said "he so cute!" about it. After seeing that first one, he pointed out each and every one that we passed. 
Come on, Mommy!

We heard the peacock making some really loud noises off in the distance. Hank put his hand up to his ear and said "I hear monkeys!" When I asked him where he thought they were, he said "up in the tree!" He cracks me up.

No comments: