I took Hank to my office last Friday to visit his lady friends. He has lots of admirers up there! I snuck out of work at four to pick him up, but when I got to daycare he was asleep! I carefully transferred him to his carseat, and he slept all the way to my office. When I brought him in, the ladies were all a little disappointed that he was sleepy. One of them even tried to tickle his feet to wake him up!
By 4:30 he was awake and all smiles. He got passed from person to person and charmed everyone in sight. He also found the printer. He wanted it so badly! Something about the pretty lights, I guess. Look at his little hands in motion!
This weekend he had boys time with daddy. I went to Memphis to visit Larkin, and Colin and Hank stayed here overnight without me. I was very dramatic about leaving him, but Hank didn't even seem to notice. He had a big time visiting his grandparents and going for a walk with Daddy, and I was home before he missed me too much. Colin kept me updated on the weekend by email: "Poop Update: After the false alarm and nothing more yesterday, Hank had a diaper fool of poo (and pee) first thing this morning. Then, after his first bottle, more poop at about 6:45. Then, after a walk, another full-sized poo at 8:00! Poop, poop, poop."
We had dinner at my folks' house on Sunday night. Hank sat in my old high chair and ate (gnawed on) a graham cracker.
I checked him out of daycare on Monday to go to the doctor. He is slowly gaining weight and the doctor didn't seem worried about it since he is eating so well now. The real news is that when I was carrying him past the front desk at school, he waved bye bye to the receptionist! On his seven month birthday! It was the cutest thing and I got really excited. She waved to him, and he looked right back at her and waved. The same thing happened when I picked him up after work. Every day is a new adventure with this kid. I love it.





No comments:
Post a Comment