Friday, December 3, 2010

My very first surprise party!

 
Do I look surprised?  My book club surprised me on Wednesday night with a baby shower!  It was just supposed to be our regular book club meeting, but when I showed up everyone was already there!  Becca was the hostess, and her house was all decked out.  She had made a diaper wreath, gotten blue balloons, and gotten me a special corsage to wear.  
We were supposed to discuss the book Unveiled: The Secret Life of Nuns, so another friend named Becca photoshopped me into a nun's habit holding the book!  Becca, you are the best!  It is so hilarious.  The book was really good, by the way. 
The whole shower was book-themed.  Becca had a cake made to look like the cover of Dr. Suess's Oh, The Places You'll Go.  It was amazingly cute and tasty, too.  Almost too cute to cut into!
Everyone contributed snacks for the party and they were all yummy.  Cookies, hummus, candied pecans, cinnamon rolls, cheesy dip and veggies.  It was all sooo good.
I am so lucky to have such sweet girlfriends.  Here are Lee-Ann, Ashley, Becca, me and Larkin.  Everyone had picked out one of their favorite children's books to give to me, and they had gone together to get the stroller that I had picked out!  I have already practiced setting up the stroller, and I love it already.

2 comments:

Lee-Ann Whitlock said...

I don't think anyone did it for the credit, but Jen made the card, Nicole brought the corsage, I *think* that Skye brought the balloons, and Becca made the very cute diaper wreath and cake. Glad you were surprised.

LeeAnn
Fact checking blogs since 2008.

Jill said...

I think that the nun pic needs to make its way to facebook as a profile pic. Too funny!