Well, today I went in for my 28 week OB visit. I drank my glucose fruit punch (not that bad), had my blood drawn, saw the doctor. He talked with me for a long time and answered so many of my questions. I had been concerned about being rh- and the Rhogam shot. He patiently explained everything to me, so I felt better about getting the shot once I was well informed. As much information is on the internet, it is always nice to just talk to your doctor openly for real information. So I got the Rhogam shot in the butt. No big deal.
My blood pressure was 130 over 70, which is great. My weight is going up up up, but no one seemed too concerned about it. The big topic of discussion was the fact that my belly (from pubic bone up to the top of the uterus) is measuring as if I am 34 weeks instead of the 28 weeks that I supposedly am. This, combined with the fact that my blood sugar test showed up as 'borderline', was enough to earn me a three hour blood glucose test next week! Oh boy! Hopefully I will pass that one.
Dr. Burton is going to do another ultrasound the week of Thanksgiving to see why I am measuring big every week. My due date could be wrong, my baby could be really big, or I could have something weird going on in there. Since my due date was estimated from an ultrasound instead of my last period, I feel like that could be it. Also, since I weighed 10 pounds 7 ounces when I was born, I can imagine that Henry might just be a big boy in there. We'll see!
5 comments:
Hang in there, sis. Love, LG
I bet he's going to be really big boy!! Love yoy guys! Satena
I'm thinking big boy, too! Lots of love to the Jorgensen family...
I'm hoping your due date is wrong-I want to meet him!!
aaaawwww I had to take the three hour after a borderline glucose test also. My first hour was much the same and then I CRASHED out and passed! Hope it is the same for you!
Post a Comment