Last week was hard. My Grandma Betty fell in her carport on Monday and broke her right hip and her right arm. They brought her to Little Rock in an ambulance over night and operated on her hip Tuesday afternoon. She has been in intense rehab since Thursday night and is getting better every day. I have been spending some time with her, but mostly I am trying to be with my mom when she needs me. My mom is awesome. She is doing a really great job helping Grandma get quality care and keeping her as comfortable as possible. We will see what the future holds for her.
On a happier note, today makes 28 weeks for me and little Henry. He moves around like a wild man, and I like to talk to him and rub my belly in response. I go back to see Dr Burton on Thursday for my blood glucose test and 28 week checkup. After this visit I will have to start going every two weeks! That means we are getting closer and closer to D-Day.
Things I have learned about being pregnant:
going to see a movie is a great date night, but sitting in the middle of a crowded row is a bad idea. I needed a seat closer to the restroom! In other news, we saw "Red" yesterday, and Colin and I both really enjoyed it. Love that Bruce Willis.
No matter how tired I feel from being pregnant, Pujols and Mooch are still lazier. Seriously.
People will say whatever pops into their little heads. example from today: "You know, they usually say that a woman will carry all her weight right out front with a boy, but you seem to be gaining it all over." Thanks Deborah.
Look at that belly! Bending over from the waist is getting harder. I am working on squatting down more.
2 comments:
Oh. my. gosh. You are so adorable and so pregnant. I cannot wait to be there in person. Love, LG
Maybe it's not a boy?? ha! I remember when Jay's friend told me that she is NEVER wrong, and that I was certainly going to have a boy. Guess her ancient Chinese secret for predicting gender was wrong with little MK! Worse than the comments, in my opinion, is the freedom that strangers feel to touch your belly. Keep your hands off.....unless I like you, and then we're ok. Maybe a bit awkward, but I'll tolerate it. ha!
Post a Comment