Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Home Projects

I have been super busy at the house these past weekends. I am kindof helter skelter in my approach, going from the yard to the kitchen to the bathroom. Here is a little taste of what I've been up to.

Aren't these cute? They are little azaleas called Renee Michelle Azaleas. They were only $3.99 a piece, so I went for 7 of them. They are down by the pond.
My proudest accomplishment at our house so far: a new chandelier in our bathroom! I found this little beauty for $10 at the Habitat for Humanity store in North Little Rock. It was shiny gold, so I spray painted it silver. I bought the chain and ceiling mount at Home Depot and spray painted them, too. After painting the ceiling with a fresh coat of paint, I wired this up all by myself. Ignore the two-tone paint job on the walls behind the fixture. I can't finish painting til I finish patching the sheetrock (see below).
I ripped out the old medicine cabinet and light fixture. Now I am working on sheetrocking the big holes that are left in my bathroom wall! Its going pretty well. Now if I could just find a new mirror that is not too heavy and not too expensive.

No comments: