Thursday, September 17, 2009

First Day of School

I am happy to report that Pujols was a very good boy at school last night! There are only four dogs in our class, which means we get lots of good teacher time. We are attending a class at Premium Pet Products with a nice teacher named Colleen. Her school is called Blue Sky Dogs (http://www.blueskydogs.com/classes.html). She has trained tons of dogs over the years and has 11 collies now. Eleven! Anyway, last night we worked on the commands “watch me,” “sit,” and “down.” We are using the word "yes!" every time he does what we want him to do and giving him a little treat at the same time. He loves it. Luckily, I had already pretty much taught him Sit and Down, but “watch me” is a very hard command to learn when there is a Weimaraner, an American bulldog, and a golden mix watching you! I mean, come on, why watch me when there are so many better things to watch? :) We will be doing some practicing over the next week in preparation for our next class.

No comments: