
Today’s Special was my favorite show when I was little. It came on Nickelodeon right at my lunch time. My mom stayed home with me when I was that young, so every day she would let me watch. She loves to tell the story of the day she forgot to turn it on and I repeatedly asked to watch “Dave Basil.” I apparently got very frustrated with her for not understanding my plain English. I’m not sure how old I was at the time. The show featured a lady named Jody who worked at a department store. At night when the customers went home, one of the mannequins named Jeff turned to a real person. Taking his hat on or off is what made him come to life. There were two muppet type characters: Sam the security guard and Muffy the Mouse. Today’s Special was a Canadian program and if you look at it on youtube today, you will think it is totally silly. But boy did I love it as a kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment