Another great thing he has learned from his friends at school: "Na-na-na-na-na-na-you can't catch me!" The sad part is that he is right! He is a fast little booger, and I am a slow pregnant lady.
We went through the Starbucks drive-thru yesterday, and he wanted to get a cookie. I rolled all of our windows down, and then I ordered my drink and his cookie. I pulled up just a little after ordering, but his window was still in front of the order board. He said loudly, "Hey, they aren't talking to me! I want a cookie!" He was pretty excited at the window to get a 'big cookie.'
On our way home from school, Hank and I always talk about what we see along the road. Every day he says something like "I wonder if we'll see a train today." or "The fire trucks are not at the station, they must have gone to hook out a fire!" Yesterday, I told him I saw a little, orange tractor. He said, "Mama, tractors are GREEN!!"
We have a great bed time routine going lately. We get him in bed, read two stories, and then I sing You are My Sunshine to him. He picks one book (a long one) and Colin or I pick one book (a shorter one!). One night last week, I asked him what book he wanted to pick and he replied "Scrambled Eggs!!" I asked if he meant Green Eggs and Ham, and he said "yes! Scrambled Eggs!"
I love him so much.

1 comment:
What a smart boy!
Post a Comment