Thursday, September 5, 2013

Stories

  • Yesterday at day care, Hank told my friend Jennifer five times that he's going to grandma's house. I wasn't planning on taking him to Grandma's house that night, but it sounds like Hank thought we should go! Then, Hank's friend Charly Ann was singing loudly at the table "Hum, hum, oh hum hum, OH HUM HUM" and Hank told her "BE QUIET!" "BE QUIET!" "BE QUIET!" -- each time getting louder.  Finally, she gave him a mean look and yelled "I DONT WANT TO!" and went back to her song. Ha!
Roxanne, Granddad and Hank
  • Hank's friend Audrey cracked me up yesterday at pick up. The kids were all sitting by the bathroom taking turns going. Hank was going when I got there, so Audrey saw me before Hank did. She hollered in there "Hanky Tanky, your mommy's here!" So cute that he has another nickname!
  • I saw the director of Hank's day care one day at pick up. She told me that she had never seen Hank cry while there until that day. She went in at nap time, and he was sitting on his mat. The director went over to Hank and the teacher to see what was wrong. Hank's teacher said, "Sometimes he cries at nap time that he wants his mommy." Our wonderful day car director then sat down, put Hank in her lap and rocked him until he stopped crying. So sad and sweet at the same time.
  • Almost every morning before I take Hank to day care, he suggests that we go to Grandma's house instead. It is sweet and a little heartbreaking that I can't just take him there instead of day care.
  • After a long Labor Day weekend, Colin was putting hank to bed Monday night. Hank told him 'I'm not gonna cry tonight!' Then he just rolled over and conked out. My sweet boy was worn out from such a fun weekend.

1 comment:

Larkin said...

That is one sweet boy. We miss him!