Thursday, July 25, 2013

Terrible Twos

Everyone says that the twos are terrible, but so far Hank has been nothing but great as a two year old.Here lately, though, he has started with the back talk and defiance. In fact, Hank got his first real 'time-out' last night. He was doing his chore (feeding the dog, a chore he created for himself because it is fun), but he kept going back for more scoops of dog food. I told him once that was enough food and please put the scoop away. He trotted right back over there and filled the scoop again. I took the scoop and put it away, so Hank decided to swipe the alphabet magnets off the refrigerator and onto the floor. I picked him right up and stood him in the corner. He knows what time-out is from day care, and he immediately burst into tears. I let him stand there about 10 seconds before I asked him if he was sorry. He said yes, so we got to hug and make up.

Scenes from happier times last night:
Relaxing on the big bed, watching Thomas after school.
His new neck pillow for our impending road trip. I think he thought he had to hold his arms up to keep it on. Put your paws up!
After bath snuggle time

No comments: