Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day



Hank is just getting the hang of singing. He likes music and dancing, but doesn’t really sing much yet. So we were super surprised this week when first thing Monday morning we hear from his crib: “Happy birthday to you…Daddy…Happy birthday to you…Daddy” It was especially great since it wasn’t Colin’s birthday!
  Hank has his meltdowns for sure, but I am really loving his personality at this age.
I got a beautiful new charm bracelet from Colin and Hank for Mother’s Day. Colin also let me sleep in on Sunday, since our little rooster boy was up at 5am. I almost caved and got up when I heard Hank walking down the hall toward my room and telling Colin, “I be right back, I go find Mommy!”

For the longest time, if you asked Hank a question he would either respond back by saying no (his favorite answer) or by just repeating what you had asked him. For example, “Hank would you like Cheerios?” “Cheerios.” Or “Hank, would you like to go outside?” “Outside!”
Just in the last month he has begun to say ‘yeah’ instead of just repeating back what he wants. It is pretty cute, and we are still a long way from ‘yes ma’am.’

No comments: