Friday, April 5, 2013

Daycie

Imagine the prettiest nine year old girl you can. She lives next door to us, and Hank is in love with her. Her name is Gracie. Hank calls her 'Daycie.' We saw her getting in her car with her dad this morning, which meant Hank then talked about her all the way to school:
H: bye Daycie!! (she waved to him)
H: I wave!! (he waves and waves and waves to her)
H: Where Daycie?
Mommy: Gracie went to school.
H: Daycie went to school...Hanky go to school! (hoping he'll see her at his school?)
Yes, he calls himself Hanky quite frequently. I don't think anyone else calls him that, but I never correct him because it is so cute. Oh, wait. Sometimes I sing that he is my Hanky Doodle Dandy. Maybe that's where he got it!
Other cute things he says on the way to school include 'bulldozy' for bulldozer and 'firef*ck' for fire truck. Any kind of bus is a school bus to him, and it is always exciting to see one. The bridge on Cantrell by Dillards headquarters and the Packet House is a 'tunnel' because it has that arch going above it. Thomas the train goes through lots of tunnels, so Hank is always on the lookout for them.

H: Here come the tunnel! Bye tunnel!
thanks for the picture of Hank's tunnel, Google Maps!

1 comment:

dragan said...

Thanks for sharing that, Eve! Absolutely adorable!