One night while we were all eating dinner at the kitchen table, I was talking to Hank about how everyone was eating. I said, "look Hank, even Pujols is eating his supper." Hank immediately started freaking out and wanting a sucker because he pronounces sucker as supper. Very confusing. I had to calm him down and make a mental note to only call it dinner from here on out.
I have been trying to teach him some songs like the ABCs and Old McDonald. Sometimes he responds with clapping and cheering. Most of the time he says No Mama! I know I'm not the best singer, but come on!
Lots of his words are improving, though. He sometimes still has the tendency to add a 'y' sound to the end of a word. This leads to him calling himself Hanky sometimes, which I think is adorable. He has started to refer to himself as 'me' sometimes, too, which I know is a milestone.
No comments:
Post a Comment