Here is Hank, nervously awaiting his 15 month check up yesterday. He wasn't really nervous, but I was a little. So many questions!
"How many words can he say?" ummm...da, dog, woof, ma, dye (for bye)...
"How is he sleeping?" ummm...he has been waking up a lot in the middle of the night crying.
"How's his reflux?" well, we tried to take him off the medicine last week, but he started spitting up and refusing his bottles again...
"I really think your next step is to see a GI." We saw a GI, but we decided he was too young to have an endoscopy, so we are going to stay on the medicine and wait it out.
"When you give him a crayon, does he scribble or try to eat it?" what? I've never given him a crayon! He's a baby! *note to self: try giving him a crayon*
"How's he eating?" He is super picky and has a little list of foods that he will always eat. Crackers, mac and cheese, black olives, yogurt, bananas. He doesn't really like drinking milk from a cup.
All in all, I think it was a pretty good check up. I managed to ask all the questions that I had thought up, and our doc took her time and answered them all. She thinks his eyes are probably going to stay blue/gray, but it is hard to be sure. She thinks that his peanut allergy is so slight, that he might outgrow it as soon as next year!
He weighed in at 21 pounds 11.5 ounces, which is only the 12th percentile. He is 30.75" tall, which is the 38th percentile. Don't worry, his head is in the 68th percentile!
He had to get two shots while we there, but he stopped screaming as soon as I picked him up. That is a big improvement from three months ago!
We got home, ate dinner, and went for a shoulder ride. Everything was much better.
2 comments:
So what was the doc's verdict? All normal based on your answers? He does look nervous in that first picture. And adorable!
Apparently, five words is the minimum threshold for a 15 month old, so he squeaked by on that one! She seemed pleased with his growth and development overall.
Post a Comment