
While we were still in the hospital after Henry was born, the nurses put an alarm bracelet around his ankle. It is a similar device to a house arrest ankle bracelet, and it is designed to alert the hospital if someone tries to sneak a baby out. Well, Henry's was on pretty loosely from the beginning, and it somehow slipped off and got carried away with my dirty bed sheets. That by itself was pretty exciting. We realized in the middle of the second night during a diaper change that it was missing and had to have a nurse dig through the dirty laundry to find it. She got it, and we put it back on his cute little ankle.
The next morning, we were trying to get everything in order to leave the hospital, when I realized that the ankle bracelet had fallen off again! Since we were so close to getting to take him home, I just handed it to one of our nurses. I thought that she would just go ahead and turn it in, but she actually put it back on Henry's ankle under his clothes. When the time came to leave, a different nurse asked about the bracelet and I told her that I had already turned it in, so she pushed me in a wheelchair down to the exit doors. As soon as the nurse tried to open the exit door, the alarm bracelet set off a loud alarm! We were so embarrassed and felt like fools for trying to kidnap our own baby! I felt especially bad for the nurse, because she probably got in some sort of trouble for letting that happen. Whoops! At any rate, they let us go home and the rest is history!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
2 comments:
I never heard that story! Love it.
How funny! I hadn't heard that one, either.
You can tell he's looking right at the camera now (or you, right behind it). Much more focused!
Post a Comment