I have made it to 35 weeks! Forty weeks is technically full term, but most doctors consider anytime after 37 weeks to be good. Henry should be about ready for the outside world! His movements have become much more roly-poly instead of acrobatic as he is running out of space to spread out. I can feel him trying to get comfortable just as I am trying to get comfortable out here. Sleeping positions are really the biggest challenge. I have about ten pillows to prop up various body parts. I physically cannot roll over without waking up to do so.
I have been getting the usual pregnancy jokes like "are you sure there aren't twins in there?" Lots of people have also felt compelled to tell me about their own parenting challenges like "I hope yours isn't like mine was. My baby didn't sleep til he was two years old!'
I am not sure if Henry has technically 'dropped' yet, but I do feel like I am starting to waddle a little. My energy levels are also plummeting. By the end of the work day I mostly just want to come home and rest. This time of year doesn't exactly leave me with a lot of free time, so I mostly just go, go, go. I hate to miss anything fun!
I am going to see Dr. Burton on Thursday for my 35 week checkup. Not sure what all that visit will entail, but I do know that from here on out I have to see him once a week. I keep going through scenarios in my mind about how I will go into labor. It is really wild to me that it can just happen at any moment.
Wow. It looks like I swallowed a watermelon. My iPhone app says that the baby should weigh about the same as a large cantaloupe this week, but I have a feeling my boy is bigger than that!
4 comments:
wowie zowie! that belly is a great house for a healthy boy... i can't wait to meet him! you still look so cute and normal eve (plus the belly of course)! see you soon for SO MUCH HOLIDAY FUN! we'll keep your energy up, or i'll cat nap with you :)
Eve,
I was telling Richard that I want Kate to see you because I think it would blow her mind! She is so excited for Henry but has started to ask questions about how exactly he will get out...
Noel, thanks for the offer for cat napping. That sounds wonderful. Aimee, I would love to see you guys! It has been too long.
Where did your belly button go?? I'm going to change my statement regarding dropping.....from the side, it does look like it's beginning to happen :) Not much longer!!
Post a Comment