
"
Around pregnancy week 25, the structures of his spine are starting to form, including 33 vertebrae (rings of bone), 150 joints, and 1,000 ligaments. These structures will eventually support your baby's body weight. Your baby's capillaries are also forming this week. Capillaries are the tiny blood vessels that move blood from the heart to tissues in the body. By the end of week 25, air sacs and blood vessels in your baby's lungs will develop, getting him ready for his first breath. With the advances in technology, if your baby were to be born this week, he has up to an 82 percent chance of survival with aggressive ICU treatment."

My 24 week checkup was last Wednesday. My doctor seemed really happy with how everything is progressing. He said that my belly is measuring a little bit big, so I will probably have another ultrasound sometime in my third trimester to make sure we are on target for the due date. I am starting my third trimester in one week! I can't believe how quickly this is flying by.

I feel really good still. I have occasional pain in my back, but nothing really to complain about. I bought a body pillow to sleep with this week, and it has really helped me to get more comfortable at night. I have been really wanting sweets round the clock, but I am doing my best to keep them to a minimum. I am doing a screening for gestational diabetes at my 28 week checkup, so I am trying especially hard to eat healthy leading up to that appointment.
No comments:
Post a Comment