Sunday, August 8, 2010

17 weeks


The second trimester has been pretty good to me so far. I am 17 weeks 1 day today, which means my little baby boy is about the size of a sweet potato now. He should be measuring 5.5 inches from crown to rump, and my uterus is about the size of a cantaloupe. All of which explains why my pants won’t button anymore!

Colin and I spent most of last week in California for Rebekah and Lawrence’s wedding, but that will have to be a post of its own. I do have to say that being pregnant on vacation was a little bit different than I thought it would be. We did a day hike with some friends, and at times I wasn’t sure if I would be able to keep going. It seemed like we just kept going uphill and I could never really catch my breath. If I got too out of breath it made me feel dizzy, so I took very frequent breaks to drink water and lean against a tree. Colin was amazing and stayed with me and held my hand and took every rest break that I needed. For the first time in my life my body just couldn’t keep up with my expectations. The hike was terrific and I felt really good when I finished it.

Our good friends Rachel and Dev live in California and have a precious one year old boy. They arrived at the wedding with two big sacks full of boy clothes sized 0-6 months! Onesies, socks, pajamas, swaddling blankets, even a couple pair of tiny shoes! We had so much fun just looking through everything and revelling in the cuteness.

The long flights were also a bit different for me. On one of the flights I actually got up to use the restroom while the seatbelt light was still on. It seemed safer than risking the alternative! More California updates will follow…

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your face in that picture is too cute! You're cracking me up. And I'm so jealous that you got to see Rachel and family. Can't wait to see pictures.

noel said...

love your expression and little bump! yay for a bag of baby clothes!!!! sweet baby boy - i can't wait!!!

Anonymous said...

ditto to the above..... your expression is priceless here. almost halfway there! Yay! <3 jill