Tuesday, May 11, 2010
weekend at Mark's
I went to Fayetteville/Rogers this past weekend for my little sister Noel's college graduation. She graduated Summa Cum Laude with a double degree in Anthropology and English. Obviously, she is brilliant.
This is Grandma, Mark, Noel and Mom. It was a really lovely weekend. My parents and I stayed with my Uncle Mark, and Larkin and Grandma Betty came over from Green Forest.
Uncle Mark has a beautiful yard! This rose was along his fence and the bloom was seriously the size of an orange. He dug up lots of hostas and ferns to send home with me, and I have already gotten them planted in our backyard.
Mark took us down to his 'barn.' It is really a six car garage with a full loft apartment upstairs. He lived in the loft while he was building/renovating his house. Now he uses the garage to restore cars. I believe this one is called a Triumph. The next one is completely finished and is just beautiful. 
His house was a little one story bungalow when he bought it, and now this is the view from the back.
He has totally changed the whole house. It is just amazing. He kept showing me things, and I would say "did you do this?" and everytime the answer was yes. Some of my favorite features were the solar tube in his closet, the eyebrow window in his bathroom, the curved wood banister, the cast iron stair railing and the Murphy bed!
Here's the Murphy bed folded up...
and here it is open! I got to sleep on it. Thanks again for being such a great host, Uncle Mark!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment