Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Way Back Wednesday: Dolly Parton Edition

There are so many amazing things about this post. To begin, my friend Emily runs an estate sale business called Pennsylvania Trading Company. My good friend Tara and I have been helping out with the sales, and Tara, who obviously knows how much I love Dolly Parton, snagged a stack of Dolly records for me at the last sale! Isn't she wonderful? Thank you Tara!
The previous owner took the liberty of circling his or her favorite song on each album. This one was "Milwaukee, Here I Come." That is a good one.
Check out the hair on this one:
One of my favorite Dolly quotes: "I'll always be too much for some people, but I'll never be enough for me." Another good one: "I'm not offended by dumb blonde jokes because I know that I'm not dumb. I also know I'm not blonde." Some of these album covers suggest that she was fond of wigs way back when. Maybe she's always loved them.
Did you know that she wrote "I Will Always Love You" for Porter Wagoner when she was leaving him to make her own music?
And the real kicker: this one is signed! By Dolly and Porter Wagoner!
Thank you again Tara! I am not sure what I am going to do with these gems (considering I don't have a record player), but I am sure happy to have them!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful wonderful. I will always love you - LG

Traa said...

so glad you like them!! they sell albumn frames at micheals for like $4.99. I have some of my madonna and cyndi lauper albumns framed:) or you can grab a record player at the next estate sale or at a yard sale for pretty cheap:)