
The DNA Test Results are in! We sent away a little swab of our dog's spit to Bio Pet Vet Lab for DNA Breed Identification. We were so curious because he is such a unique (and handsome!) looking dog. Note the perky ears...the long schnozzle...

and the long legs...

Now hold onto your hat. The results say that Pujols's DNA is a mixture of six different dogs.
Between 37-74% is Basset Hound (!)

Between 20-36% is Chihuahua (!)

And the remaining four breeds each represent less than 10% each:
Beagle

Miniature Pinscher

Saluki (a type of Greyhound)

and Yorkshire Terrier


ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I am tempted to mail the Bio Pet people a picture of Pujols. OK, at least the Saluki has long legs. And the Chihuahua has perky ears... My mom thinks they must have swapped our dog's DNA swab for a different dog. We all felt pretty sure he would have at least a little Labrador in him! What do you think?
4 comments:
These results are inexplicable but hilarious. It proves that we have a chance of bearing a superstar NBA center who dwarfs Shaq. Or, a child who is only visible under a microscope even when full grown. Pujols! Pujols! Pujols!
I think these results are hilarious! I must say, if I got these results in my lab, my first thought would be that I had done something very wrong. Hard to imagine how a mix of those 6 dog breeds would produce the dog Pujols, but maybe Pujols is a lot more "nurture" than "nature." Heehee, I'm still giggling.
This is all pretty surprising! Especially the Basset and Chihuahua. I think the Saluki looks a lot like Nari. Maybe when we can afford it (ha!) we can have this done on our dogs. I'm most curious about Nari, because I'm pretty sure Willow is mostly Keeshond, but I would be interested to know what Willow is mixed with.
What!? How crazy. I think you should go to the AKC with the "AR brown dog" breed. I bet we could start a movement.
Post a Comment