Friday, January 22, 2010

Kitty Cat Friday

I know what you're thinking: "Another post about pets??" I am sorry, but yes, this is another post about pets. I was looking through old pictures the other day for my first birthday picture, and I came across a little album that I had made as a kid of our pets. Lots of them were taken by me of silly things like our Chocolate Lab with one of Dad's t-shirts on. But some of them were taken by either Mom or Dad, and some of them really capture how much I loved having pets.

This is my first cat Tobey. He was a Siamese and disappeared shortly after these pictures were taken. I think Mom and Dad always said he got cat-napped, but I think he probably just ran away or died. Who knows. We got our next cat Scarlet when I was in third grade. My dad ran a restaurant while I was growing up, and his chef Darrin was looking to get rid of a teenage cat that his wife had already named after Scarlet O'Hara and her beautiful black hair. She was half-wild when we got her, and she was born without a tail.
This last shot is one I took myself. Scarlet had two litters of kittens that were oh-so-cute. Having kittens in the house made it nearly impossible to make me go to school. I hated going to school. Note the stub-tail and cute white paws.
Moral of the story: cats make people happy. or at least they make me happy :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, that post made me want to cuddle with a cat. And Tobey was catnapped. It was Christmas Eve! LG

Colin said...

If anyone is feeling nostalgic after viewing those pictures of Eve, just come over to our house any night around 9:00 and you can see Eve sleeping on the couch with the cat. cj

noel said...

i just love this post. miss that scarlett cat.
and lg's and cj's comments just made it that much better. love it all!