Monday, January 18, 2010
choppin' wood
There are two crape myrtle trees along our back property line. The one on the right (pictured below) didn't bloom at all this summer. It is pretty sickly looking, so today I cut it down!

The tree trunks (all 22 of them) had managed to fuse together in a most unattractive way. When the trunks fuse together it causes weak spots where fungus and disease can get in.
Pretty gnarly, huh?

I worked and worked with a little bow saw for 3 hours this morning. Sawing and sawing and sawing...Until I zipped off to home depot to buy my very first chainsaw! Just in case it wasn't obvious, using a chainsaw is SO MUCH EASIER than using a hand saw. My arms are like spaghetti tonight after all that manual labor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i am very impressed. you look very hard core :)
I am impressed too and jealous of the chainsaw. Way to go sis. LG
Post a Comment