Tuesday, November 17, 2009

FREE

I am in love with Pandora internet radio.

So far, i have created the following radio stations: the Smiths, Wilco, Neil Young, Taylor Swift and Superchunk. I listen to it all day at work on my phone and sometimes on my laptop at home in the kitchen. I am re-discovering music from high school and college that my old roommates introduced me to. I really got into Neil Young for a few years while I was living in Conway. I think I was depressed then. That is around the same time when my roommates Lindsay and Cookie introduced me to music like Superchunk, Fugazi, Built to Spill, Modest Mouse and Cat Power. I had access to more than double my music collection and when I stopped living with those girls that music went with them. Now I can find just about anything when the mood strikes me!

I must say that I am a sucker for all things free, and good music free is at the top of that list. Other free things that i love: renting movies from the library, hand me downs from friends and family (you are not too old for this), taking Pujols to the dog park at murray park…

I still love Neil Young. I got to see him perform live at Bonnaroo about five years ago. Cross that off the list. check!

1 comment:

Michael Walberg said...

Eve,

If you didn't know, new Built To Spill album just came out. Check it out!

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/13541-there-is-no-enemy/

Michael