Monday, October 12, 2009

random bits and pieces

This weekend was so fun! Friday night was spent at the Rep watching the Second City do improv. It was very fun and a great date night. I worked on Saturday, babysat Saturday night and worked Sunday afternoon...but Sunday evening was An Evening with David Sedaris! He read various short stories and was generally hilarious. If you don't know who he is, check this out: http://www.npr.org/programs/specials/lists/sedaris/ You can thank me later. Before David Sedaris, we had dinner at El Porton. They have a new and improved menu since the last time we visited, and the drink page made me giggle. Note the margarita section encourages you to "drink responsabilty" !
After 28 years of avoiding it, I have now gotten poison ivy on my arm. Two small, itchy bumps. I blame the dog for traipsing through it and then rubbing on me.

These are the beautiful Italian Countryside dishesthat we got for wedding presents this year. One of the round plates got broken during dishwashing, and Bed Bath and Beyond replaced it for FREE! It made me so happy. Thanks Bed Bath and Beyond!

Weekends really wear a body out.

No comments: