Thursday, October 15, 2009

it's not easy being green

Today is a day where everyone is supposed to blog about the same topic, and this year's topic is climate change. Climate change is such an overwhelming thing to keep focused on for me. Every so often, I get really fired up (like after I read An Inconvenient Truth or when I realized everyone in my office throws their soda cans in the TRASH!). .


But lots of the time, I let the oh-so-scary idea of climate change/global warming slip quietly to the back of my mind. I let myself get overwhelmed sometimes, so today I am going to try to focus on making the little changes that will add up.


Green things that I try to do daily:

  • use cloth napkins and kitchen towels
  • make homemade dog food
  • take my own bags for shopping

Things that need improvement:

  • lots of driving (although I do get pretty good m/p/g)
  • most days include two hot showers followed by blow drying
  • I frequently buy the cheaper product instead of the greener option
http://www.blogactionday.org/

No comments: