Thursday, October 22, 2009

Here comes the bride!

This weekend is finally here! Two of my girlfriends are getting married this Saturday and I am so happy for both of them! I hate that I don't get to see Becca and John tie the knot, but since Anna's wedding is the same day it just couldn't happen.
I have known Anna since we were five. We met in Mrs. House's kindergarten class and have been pretty inseparable ever since. I was looking through my big memory box in efforts to find some little memento to share with her on her wedding day. The closest thing I could find was a piece of turquoise, wide-ruled paper with two lists on it. The list on the left said: "ask mom if I can have a sleepover and invite..." I had listed about five girls under that heading. The second list said "if mom says no, just invite Anna." That really represents our childhood friendship so well. As adults, we have lived in different states now for about ten years, but she is still the one I can call on anytime for anything. I am so happy to be included in her wedding festivities this weekend and hopefully I will have some pictures to share with you on Monday. Here's one of us from my wedding to tide you over:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't even tell you how much it makes me smile that you made written lists of who you wanted to invite to spend the night. I can totally picture myself doing that as a kid, and I think that part of our personalities is one thing we have in common. I'm really glad that we've been getting to know each other better over the past couple of years, just so you know.

Oh, and I'm super happy for Anna--please tell her I said so!

Eve said...

I know Brooke! Once a list-maker, always a list-maker! I will pass along the well wishes to Anna. :)

Rachel said...

From me, too! Please tell Anna congrats for me, and I hope you and Bekah have a fabulous time at the festivities!