Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Blogging as therapy

I talked to my supervisor. He sortof scoffed at the idea of a pay raise, even though I am technically doing two jobs instead of one. He is going to 'see what he can do.' I am not feeling very optimistic at this moment, but I am trying to stay cheery. I heard through the grapevine that my department may be looking at layoffs next month, so I feel somewhat foolish even asking for an extra dime.

I have been reading Julie and Julia, and the author is a lot like me in many ways. We will be talking about it for September's book club, so I am very excited to see what all the other gals think of it. The main character is 29, happily married, and works as a temp secretary for a government office. Maybe if I start cooking from Mastering the Art of French Cooking I would find my true calling. Of course, I haven't found out how the book ends yet, so maybe I am barking up the wrong tree on this one. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get good news back! Fingers crossed :)

jill