Mama Day was a fast and entertaining story about love, magic, and family. I read it for my July book club book and will be discussing it with my girlfriends next Wednesday. When You are Engulfed in Flames was a riot. I love David Sedaris. He tells stories about his life in the most amusing way. I Feel Bad About My Neck is another quick read and has had me laughing out loud at parts. I found it at the Hillcrest Junk shop for $3 and I couldn't resist (even though I am trying to stop buying so many books...).

I started Life in France last night and already it is making me want to go to Paris!
“Usually one’s cooking is better than one thinks it is. And if the food is truly vile, as my ersatz eggs Florentine surely were, then the cook must simply grit her teeth and bear it with a smile—and learn from her mistakes.”
--Julia Child My Life in France page 71 (on never apologizing for her cooking)
No comments:
Post a Comment