Sunday, July 5, 2009

we have returned from the country...

We made it back! We spent the weekend on Crooked Creek outside of Yellville, AR. It was so nice to see all of Colin's family and to relax out in the woods. I have about 100 mosquito bites, but no ticks so I am happy. Ticks just really freak me out. Pujols enjoyed his vacation thoroughly. He swam in the creek a lot but I didn't get any shots of that. I did, however, document almost everything else!

Pujols loved his bandana.

This is Colin's cousin Luke. eating watermelon. on a tractor. very cute and very country!


Colin's parents dog Cinnamon. She guards the campsites, chases rabbits, and fishes in the creek. She is really in her element out in the woods.

Ted Rowe, Colin's grandpa. He built the cabin where we stay and is such a neat person.
This is the cabin. It is made almost totally out of cedar from trees that Ted cut down on the property. The inside of the house smells wonderful and is a very nice retreat from city life. Most of the family stayed in tents around the 140 acres, but Colin and I always opt for a bedroom in the cabin. What can we say, we love the air conditioning! Angelo came with us and he stayed in the house, too. I think he had a fun time this weekend, but he is almost 16 so it is hard to tell what he really thinks about anything! Here is Angelo on the left with Colin's cousin Jordan. Uncle Keith is showing Jordan how to start a four wheeler. Angelo needed no instructions! He was on that thing off and on all weekend.

No comments: