Monday, June 29, 2009

I love long weekends

I am already getting excited for the long weekend coming up. Colin and I are going to his mom's family camp-out at Yellville. Colin's grandpa built a log cabin way off the main roads, right where Crooked Creek and Greasy Creek meet. It is about 4oo acres of woods surrounding the cabin. We are taking Angelo (Colin's little brother, through Big Brothers Big Sisters) with us, and I don't think he could be any more excited. He has gone the past two years and absolutely loved it. There will be cousins his age there along with four wheelers, a dirt bike, tents, and of course fireworks! Colin, Pujols and I will be staying inside the (air-conditioned) cabin while most of the rest of the family will be in tents. I will have lots of pictures to post when I get back Sunday, I am sure. Keep your fingers crossed that Pujols doesn't do anything too terribly silly while we are out in the middle of nowhere. There will be lots of other 'adult' dogs to keep him in check. Here is one of my favorite pics of Colin from the camp-out two years ago. He had a broken leg at the time, but that didn't keep him down!


2 comments:

Colin Jorgensen said...

Despite the broken leg, I won horseshoes. But I did not catch any fish. And I could not get into a cayak. It's on this year.

Colin Jorgensen said...

Um, kayak.